Pages

Sunday 9 October 2016

Trip to Whatipu

On Friday 7th October 2016, my sister and I were still at Grandparents house.  But joining us was our young uncle Tololi (13years old) and aunty Jewel (10 years old). We woke up at 5am to start taking the rest of the fishing gear and food into the car.  It was already planned that the place we were going fishing at was Whatipu which is out towards Titirangi.  Once we were finished we were ready to leave, but Tololi parents hadn't arrived yet as we were going to travel together. When his Parents arrived with his two other siblings Sifu (15 years old) and Pearl ( 7 years old), we all split up into the two vehicles.  Off we went to our long journey to Whatipu... but to use up our time we talked about the old times when we were younger enjoying our times at Whatipu and had a lot of laughs and making jokes up.

Then making it to Whatipu, pretty relieved because to get to Whatipu we had drive on a narrow dusty dirt roads which is very far from the bottom.  So we all had to help carry the gears and things we needed to fish on the rocks, It was a twenty minute walk to the beach and to the rock which is where the lighthouse is, this is the fishing spot.  It was hard walking there cos we had take off our shoes because there were some little streams we had to cross, it was so windy that the sand was hurting my legs it felt like needles poking our legs.  When we got to the rocks we put our fishing gear together, we were fishing on a high rock.  The first person to catch a fish was my Grandma.  Next person to catch a fish was my Grandpa, I didnt see who caught the third one.  My Uncle Sifu was the worst fisher, first he broke the tip of the fishing reel, then he threw the reel into the sea by accident, then my Grandpa caught a shark and my Great uncle caught a stingray, but my Great Uncle threw the stingray back in.  After a whole day of fishing we left around 6pm, while travelling home my uncle was making up funny raps that didn't rhyme. When we got home, they went back to there car and went straight home my Great Uncle and his family, my sister and I were sad when they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment